<BODY bgcolor="#ffffcc"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3681033325356956556?origin\x3dhttps://thejoyofpoetry.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
A Pet Picture

by Meredith Blair and her mother

Late at night he is up playing with his toys.
It's crazy how he thinks his being up should bring me joy.

He stares at me and pulls my hair until I am awake.
For he wants food and will not stop until it hits his plate.

He sometimes scurries down the hall, stops, turns, and puffs.
He curls his tail and bend his back bowing up in one big fluff.

I'm thankful I will never know how my life would have been
Without my precious, funny cat who also is my friend.

Labels: