A Beach Picture
These two blondes were a lot alike
From our hair to our braces we sometimes dressed alike
For three years straight we were the best of friends
We were crazy and happy and had trust within
We never fought and never lied
I thought we would be friends until the day we died
Things started changing, she didn't seem the same
So I kicked her out of my locker and I didn't feel ashamed
She told me that she was sorry and I said it was ok
But she still hasn't been in my red locker since that day
From our hair to our braces we sometimes dressed alike
For three years straight we were the best of friends
We were crazy and happy and had trust within
We never fought and never lied
I thought we would be friends until the day we died
Things started changing, she didn't seem the same
So I kicked her out of my locker and I didn't feel ashamed
She told me that she was sorry and I said it was ok
But she still hasn't been in my red locker since that day
Golden, silky hair
Flowing in the wind
Her light, fleeting steps
Anxiously await to descend
Her eager, hazel eyes
Scan the picturesque view
She plans her next adventure
Remembering "I'll be there for you"
Bursting from the unconditional love
That I have for my daughter
I watch as she skims her pink toes
Over the cool, fresh water
As the mighty palms begin to sway
In the warm, salty breeze
She swims out into the distance
And I reluctantly watch her leave
Flowing in the wind
Her light, fleeting steps
Anxiously await to descend
Her eager, hazel eyes
Scan the picturesque view
She plans her next adventure
Remembering "I'll be there for you"
Bursting from the unconditional love
That I have for my daughter
I watch as she skims her pink toes
Over the cool, fresh water
As the mighty palms begin to sway
In the warm, salty breeze
She swims out into the distance
And I reluctantly watch her leave
Labels: Writing Night